Kickstarter launch scheduled: August 1, 2018. 6pm PST, 9pm EST
Location (address will redirect to project when project goes live): www.maluna.com/22
Combat 22 is a project to bring a new 22 quart Maluna cooler to life and also provide coolers to help our veterans.
The project was submitted to Kickstarter for approval on July 30, and is pending approval. We currently expect to launch on time and will provide updates here.
WHAT IS KICKSTARTER?
Kickstarter is an online platform designed to bring new projects to life. Project creators, like myself, put together a plan for a project and seek support. Supporters provide ‘pledges’ and Project Creators bring the project to life and provide ‘rewards’ to the supporters. The project will have a minimum fundraising goal, if that goal is hit, the project will kick off. If the fundraising goal is not hit, no pledges will be collected and the project will not proceed.
WHAT IS THE NEW 22 PROJECT?
Combat 22. A new 22 quart cooler that is a special edition just for this project and represents support toward providing coolers to help veteran organizations. The Combat 22 will be constructed with the same quality and performance that brought Maluna to life.
WHY IS MALUNA DOING THIS?
Maluna was created from this community, which has many veterans. The veterans (Abraham Engholm) requested a 22 quart cooler to help veteran causes. The Maluna community has many veterans that have personally suffered from PTSD and we have many members in our community who have lost friends and family because of PTSD. The entire Kickstarter project and proceeds will be used entirely to create coolers for the ‘rewards’ for the supporters, and also create coolers for veteran organizations like The Fallen Outdoors.
WHERE DO THE MALUNATICS HANG OUT?
A private Facebook group was originally created with just a few friends, called ‘Maluna Unhinged Focus Group’. It is now nearly 12,000 members (Malunatics) and where Maluna gains direction. Anyone can request to join: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Maluna/
WHAT IS THE RELATIONSHIP WITH THE FALLEN OUTDOORS?
An original Maluna supporter in the focus group, Brandon Tarron, is a pro-staffer for TFO. He introduced us to them as a volunteer organization that helps veterans go on outdoor adventures, and they need coolers. Maluna makes custom badged coolers, and offered to provide a special edition TFO 22 in this project and direct those extra coolers directly to their organization for their benefit. The fit is perfect.
HOW DO I GET INVOLVED?
First, just be a part of the community and support a positive environment. If you want to support the Kickstarter project, check out the following information:
HOW DO I PLEDGE FOR A COMBAT 22 IN KICKSTARTER?
- Open a free Kickstarter account at www.kickstarter.com
- When campaign goes live (scheduled Aug 1 6PM PST), visit the Combat 22 project on Kickstarter (see URL at top of this post)
- Choose a reward
- If the funding goal is hit, your credit card will be charged at the conclusion of the campaign, scheduled for Sep 1 at 6pm PST.
- Maluna will receive funds shortly after the end of the campaign and will kick off the project and will create and ship rewards (target October, and scheduled by November).
- You will have a unique ‘backer number’ in the project that will be assigned as soon as you submit your pledge. This is done by Kickstarter.
- You can only choose one reward. If you would like multiple rewards, you can choose a single reward, but increase the pledge amount for multiple rewards.
- If the funding goal is hit, there will be a ‘survey’ at the end where you will provide a shipping address and any select any options that might be available with your reward.
- You can pledge for more than one reward if you open a second Kickstarter account with a different email, and you would have a second backer number, but this should not be necessary.
Feel free to ask within the focus group for the fastest response, or send questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.